Resources for Nursing Students
Scholarship Programs - General
There are a large number of nursing scholarship programs that are listed on the Internet. Here are some of the programs that we found.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Nursing Scholarship Program
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National Student Nurses Association Scholarship Programs
- Army Nurse Corps Scholarship Program
- Opportunities with the Air Force
- MinorityNurse.com-In addition to their current list of handpicked nursing scholarships, Minority Nurse, as part of the Careers and Colleges Network, now offers a personalized search tool that matches a student's background with his/her best scholarship options.
- National Black Nurses Association Scholarship Program
- Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing -this organization maintains a list of outside scholarships for nursing students
- Programs Sponsored by the Military
- American Assembly for Men In Nursing Scholarship Programs
- Health Web Search- Nursing Scholarships
- BrainTrack Nursing Scholarships
- TravelNursing.org Nurse Education Scholarship Program
Graduate School Programs
U.S. Army Health Professions Scholarship Program offers Scholarships for 100% tuition at an accredited school acceptable to the Surgeon General in the United States or Puerto Rico. reimbusements given fir required books, certain non-expendable equipment and some academic fees. Recipients receive a monthly stipend of more than $1,200 (adjusted each July)
National Health Corps Service Scholarship Program - The program provides scholarships to health professions students in return for a commitment to provide primary health services in critical shortage areas after graduation. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act signed into law on Feb. 17 provided additional funding for the NHSC and the program expects to be able to award scholarships to more students than it did last year. The scholarship is tax free except for the living stipend ($1,269 per month this year). APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 14, 2013.
Resources for Graduate and Post Graduate Nursing Students - this list was compiled by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program
- Loan Repayment/ Forgiveness Programs for Medical and Health Professions
- Students receiving federal education loans may obtain deferments while serving in the Peace Corps; under the Domestic Volunteer Service Act; and as a volunteer for a tax-exempt organization of demonstrated effectiveness in the field of community service. For more information, go to:
- The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is available to students with Federal Direct Student Loans.
- Loan Forgiveness for Public Service Employees - this fact sheet was developed by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Faculty Loan Repayment Program - The Nurse Faculty Loan Repayment Program (NFLP) is for graduate students who are committed to serving as full-time faculty members upon graduation. The new NFLP program is a supportive financial award that will forgive up to 85% of your graduate degree loans in return for four(4) years of fulltime employment as a faculty member in a U.S. school of nursing upon graduation
Updated July 7, 2013