PTSD, short for posttraumatic stress disorder, is an anxiety disorder that can occur after someone experiences a traumatic event like combat, an assault or a disaster.
- What is PTSD?
- Symptoms of PTSD
- Frequently Asked Questions About PTSD
- How Common is PTSD?
- Understanding PTSD Treatment
- Helping a Family Member Who Has PTSD
- PTSD Anonymous
- Peter the PTSD Awareness Penguin
- Articles and Fact Sheets
- Real Warriors * Real Battles * Real Strength
- Resources on Adjustment and PTSD
General Counseling Resources
- Support Our War Heroes is a New Orleans area based 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization that assists service members with life-altering injuries, with any unmet needs. Outreach from Support Our War Heroes extends to service men and women from all branches of the United States military. In the Company of Heroes is the major fundraiser for the year, which helps to fund hero grant programs and scholarship programs for the dependent children of our heroes.
- New Orleans Veterans of Foreign Wars -
Updated June 26, 2013