PowerFAIDS is a powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use Windows-based program, developed by experts at the College Board . More than 500 postsecondary institutions use PowerFAIDS in their financial aid departments.
The PowerFAIDS Net Partner module will allow students to log on from anywhere to accept or decline awards, fill out an online application, see their financial aid information, download documents they need, and more.
FIRST TIME USERS: Your default PIN is the first 2 letters of your first name (use lower case) and the last 4 digits of your social security number. You will be required to change the PIN when you login for the first time.
Your Student ID is your Loyola University Campus Wide ID Number. Entering students can find this number on the top right hand corner on the paper copy of your financial aid award letter.
- Log on to Loyola's Online Records Access System ("LORA") at https://lorasec.loyno.edu/ to see your assigned Campus Wide ID number.
ONLY CLICK ON THE "FIRST TIME USER" link under the submit button IF you want to set up additional security questions (in case you forget your password).
We value your privacy so please do not share your "PIN" with other students. Identity Theft is a serious national problem so we try to minimize the use of your social security number when you are accessing your records online.
Applying for Federal and State Financial Aid Programs
Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") every year to be considered for all federal, state, and institutional need-based aid programs. You can complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov . Our school code is 002016
CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS
Currently enrolled students should complete and submit the FAFSA to the federal processor by May 1, 2012 (2012-2013 academic year).
The Financial Aid Office will advise you via e-mail when your Award letter is ready to review on line. When you receive e-mail notification that your Award Letter is ready for review, please log in to NetPartner to accept, decline or modify the awards offered to you. In addition, you may review the status of your application at anytime.
What to do First after LogIn
If your file is complete and you have been awarded the ApplyOnline tab will be accessible.
- First view your awards on the Awards tab.
- Then, go to Accept Awards to respond to your award offer. You do not have to participate in either the Federal Student Loan OR Federal Work Study awards. However, you MUST accept the awards to give us permission to transmit your loan eligibility to the Federal Direct Student Loan Program and / or the Student Employment Office.
- Review Messages for further information about the aid you have been offered.
- The Documents Tab will have information about any additional information that you need to submit to finalize your award.
Once you have successfully submitted the response to your award a successful submission message will appear at the bottom of the screen. If there is an error, an error message in red will appear next to the field containing the error. Correct the error and submit again.
- Once you have successfully transmitted your responses, the data entry fields in ApplyOnLine will be grayed out and you can make no further changes. At this point, you have completed the on line application process in NetPartner.
The Financial Aid Office will then review your responses, update your record prior to submitting any federal loan request(s) to the Federal Direct Student Loan Program. Allow 24-72 hours for your responses to be reviewed and recorded. Then, review Messages to see if any further steps must be completed outside NetPartner.
If your file is incomplete the OnLineAwards tab is not available:
- Go to Your Documents first to see what is missing. In addition, please review Messages for further instructions.
Supplemental information about loan history, on line forms access, your loan awards, etc, is available in the areas designated within NetPartner.
NetPartner will provide 24/7 access to financial aid records similar to that provided to student records by Loyola's Online Records Access System ("LORA" ). We hope this system is helpful to you.
The Connection Between PowerFAIDS and "LORA"
Students can use Loyola's Online Records Access System, "LORA", to:
- Register for classes;
- View grades, transcripts and account summaries;
- Change mailing addresses and add non-Loyola e-mail addresses; and
- Submit parking decal request
LORA FOR PARENTS
LORA (Loyola’s Online Records Access) is available for parents of students who have been authorized to view their son or daughter’s educational and financial records – https://lorasec.loyno.edu/.
FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) gives students who reach the age of 18 or who attend a postsecondary institution the right to privacy of their educational records. However, if the student is a dependent of the parent, the parent has automatic access to this site. If the student is not a dependent, access will not be granted and the student must authorize your access. This authorization form is available from the Office of Student Records and on the web - http://www.loyno.edu/records/ferpa.pdf. This authorization form must be signed by the student and submitted to the Office of Student Records.
LORAPAR provides the information most requested by parents and makes it available when the need arises - not just during “regular business hours”. You will be able to view grades, account balances, financial aid information, class schedules, and the IRS Form 1098-T which parents may need when filing their income tax. YOU WILL NOT be able to see your student's detailed financial aid information as that is stored on PowerFaids.
Updated March 6, 2013