Need Additional Help?
We want this web page to be a comprehensive resource for students. We do realize that we may not be able to resolve all problems for students so we will be posting addtional contact information for students who are looking for additional help.
Federal Student Loan Issues:
Private (Alternative) Student Loans:
Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 (Dodd-Frank Act) established the Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Many of the pieces of the Dodd-Frank Act relating to the CFPB will go into effect on July 21, 2011. The CFPB will ultimately have some level of oversight over private non-federal student loans. Initial plans are for the Bureau to establish an ombudsman's office to help students and parents who are experiencing difficulty with repaying these loans.
- The New Private Student Loan Sheriff Gets to Work
- What the CFPB should be doing with private education lenders
Programs for Louisiana Students:
- Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (click on the Contact LOSFA tab on the menu bar )
General Consumer Issues:
Effective July 1, 2011, we have to give you contact information for filing a complaint with either the state of Louisiana or the accrediting organizations and agencies for our programs
- Office of the Attorney General (Louisiana)
- Loyola University New Orleans is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor, master, and doctor (juris doctor) degrees
- Additional associations and agencies that accredit or approve the programs offered at Loyola University New Orleans include:
- The American Bar Association (ABA)
- Association of American Law Schools (AALS)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM);
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC);
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB);
- The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
Updated July 24, 2011