Money Matters Newsletter
Servicemembers and their families face unique financial challenges. We will be partnering with several organizations that work to provide money management resources geared towards meeting these challenges to produce a periodic newsletter, Money Matters, for the military community at Loyola.
- Check out other newsletter options
- Military Appreciation Month (May 2013) - May is National Military Appreciation Month * Budgeting Can Help You Weather Tough Times * A Military Prayer * Five "Must Know" GI Bill Facts * End of Semester Reminders* Make the Connection
- May 2013 - Army Extends Obligation for G.I. Bill Transfer * Four Tips to Help You Deal With a Furlough or a Loss of Income * Veterans Adminstration Work Study Program Info * Make the Connection.
- April 2013 - Grab a Wingman to Help You Save and Stay Resilient During Tough Economic Times * Financial Survival Plan for Sequestration * Resources to Help You Complete Your 2012 Federal Tax Return * 2013-2014 FAFSA should be submitted by May 1, 2013.
- March 2013 - Get Ready for Military Saves Week (2/25/2013 --3/5/2013) * This Military Saves Week: Set A Goal, Make a Plan, Save Automatically * Test Your Savings Knowledge * Savings You Can Count On * Make the Connection
- February 2013- How to Avoid Getting Caught in a Military Targeted Scam * The BBB Offers Some Tips in Order to help servicemembers Protect Themselves Against these Scames ^ New Year's Saving Resolution #1 : Get Out of Debt * 2012 Federal Income Tax Filing Resources * Militaray Saves Week * 2013-2014 FAFSA is now available online
- January 2013 - Improve Your Credit Score in 2013 *Five Resolutions to Get You Saving in 2013 *Tips to Get Out of Debt * The importance of your credit history and successful savings *7 Common Mistakes that can Lower Your Credit Score.
- December 2012 - The Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act * Additional Important Loyola University New Orleans web sites * Five Saving Stretegies * Personal Financial Management Web Sites * Action Guide for Service Members with Federal Student Loans * For Veterans of Foreign Wars / the value of a Jesuit Education for Military Veterans * Thank You for Your Service
- November 2012 - Loyola Commits to Implementing the Principles of Excellence Program * Additional Important Loyola University New Orleans Web Sites * Spotlight on Emergency Savings * Personal Financial Management ("PFM") Resources * Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines * Budgeting for the Holidays * Make the Connection
Updated May 9, 2013