Money Management Resources for Members of the Military
Servicemembers and their families face unique financial challenges. We will be partnering with the following organizations to produce a periodic newsletter, , for the military community at Loyola.
- Military OneSource is a free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns including money management, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, relocation, deployment, reunion, and the particular concerns of families with special-needs members.
- Smart Military Money works to give military service members and veterans the best personal finance and budgeting advice aimed specifically at the military lifestyle
- The Office of Servicemember Affairs is here to ensure that military personnel and their families have a voice at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Military life can have some extra challenges that can sometimes have powerful financial consequences.
- Kiplinger and the Better Business Bureau have partnered to produce a Personal Finance Guide for Military Families.
- Money and Mobility for Military Personnel and Families
- The New Jersey Attorney General’s Office produced A Salute to Smart Investing, a booklet designed to help military families work through the basics of smart investing.
- The FINRA Investor Education Foundation has created SaveAndInvest to give military families and older investors good information about investing wisely.
- Check out these creative saving strategies from the U.S. Navy Personal Financial Management Program.
- Emergency Relief Programs
- The Department of Veterans Affairs provides information about benefits for surviving family members of military personnel who died in service or as veterans. The VA also publishes a book of benefits for veterans, dependents, and survivors.
- Learn more about reporting a retiree’s death to avoid possible financial complications.
- General information on pay for military members
- Tax information for military members
Updated July 23, 2013