Military Family Appreciation Month
Each year the President signs a proclamation declaring November Military Family Month. Last year President Obama said that our nation owes "each day of security and freedom that we enjoy to the members of our Armed Forces and their families. Behind our brave service men and women, there are family members and loved ones who share in their sacrifice and provide unending support."
This annual proclamation marks the beginning of a month-long celebration of the Military Family in which the Department of Defense and the nation will honor the commitment and sacrifices made by the families of the nation's servicemembers.
Facebook /Twitter Postings During November 2012:
- November 11, 2012 - Veterans Day 2012
- November 10, 2012 - Bet You Didn't Know: Veterans Day
- November 9, 2012 - History of Veterans Day
- November 9, 2012 - Veteran's Day Tribute
- November 8, 2012 - Come out on Saturday to honor local vets -- La. Bicentennial Military Parade
- November 7, 2012 - Veterans Day Discounts
- November 6, 2012 - U.S. Department of Vertans Affairs Facebook Status - On a special note: Ever since Lexington and Concord, American troops have been the lynchpin that holds our democracy together. There could be no peaceful and free elections without the service and sacrifice of millions who have worn the uniform for over two centuries. For anyone who has served to preserve freedom both here and abroad, thank you and your families. -Alex Horton
- November 5, 2012 -Photo of the Day: The number of female Veterans using VA health care has doubled in the last decade and we want that trend to continue. As we celebrate all of those who have served this Veterans Day, please take a moment to recognize women Veterans and thank them for their contributions. Share this image to show your support and visit http://www.womenshealth.va.gov/
- November 4, 2012 - Why Appreciate Military Families?
- November 3, 2012 - Understanding Sacrifices for Freedom
- November 2, 2012 - Thank You for Your Service
- November 1, 2012 - Presidential Proclamation: Military Family Month 2012
Updated November 11, 2012