How To Get a CBFWS Job
- Make sure you've been awarded FWS as part of your financial aid package from Loyola. Check with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid or log into your LORA account to check your financial aid awards.
- Click to accept FWS as part of your financial award in LORA.
- Browse CBFWS job listings.
- Apply for positions you want by submitting a resume directly to the hiring agency between Monday, August 19th and Friday, August 30th, 2013. Make sure your resume includes relevant skills, talents, and prior experiences. Attach your resume to an email introducing yourself and stating why you're interested in the job. Include the job title for which you're applying. If you need resume and cover letter tips from Loyola's Career Development Center, click here.
- Be sure to check your Loyno email regularly and follow up on any requests for interviews.
- The deadline for employers to offer you a CBFWS job is Friday, August 30, 2013.
- The deadline for you to accept a CBFWS job is Friday, September 6, 2013. Notify the agency that you're accepting the job. Also notify any agencies that offered you jobs you're not accepting. Then just fill out this handy online form!
- If you haven't already filled out your employment and tax paperwork in Human Resources, go to Mercy Hall 102.
- Set a regular schedule with your supervisor and start working!
- Keep track of your hours so you don't exceed your award. Loyola will only pay up to the amount of your FWS award, usually 100 hours per semester @ $10/hr, for a total of $1000/semester. You are expected to keep the same CBFWS job for the whole school year.
Updated August 22, 2013