GO Grant Program Changes
The Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance ("LOSFA") and the Louisiana Board of Regents developed an eligibility and award amount formula aimed at an equitable maximization of limited state dollars.
These changes were outlined in the July 6, 2010 Student Financial Aid Bulletin 9S2010-04) published by the Louisiana Student Financial Assistance Commission's Office of Student Financial Assistance.
Final funding will be allocated to schools later this summer. Funds will be awarded to students on a "first come, first served" basis and priority given to full-time students paying "day division" tuition charges .
Effective for the 2010-2011 acdemic year, eligibile students:
- must be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant
- must meet their institution's requirements for admission and the "satisfactory academic progress" guidelines for Title IV recipients.
- must have remaining unmet financial need of at least one dollar when utilizing the following formula:
Federal "Estimated Cost of Attendance" (Federal Definition)
- Expected Family Contribution (Federal Definition)
= Remaining Financial Need (This figure must be at least $1 to qualify for the GO Grant Program
The ANNUAL award amounts for the 2011-2012 academic year will be:
- $1,000 - full-time enrollment
- $ 500 - half-time enrollment
- $ 250 - less than half time enrollment
The ANNUAL award amounts for the 2010-2011 academic year were:
- $900 - Full time Enrollment
- $450 - Half time Enrollment
- $250 - Part-time enrollment
We will continue to post updated information on this page as we receive it.
Updated June 14, 2011