Financing Tools for Parents
The federal financial aid formulas assume that parents can access a variety of tools to help their child with the cost of post-secondary education.
Some of these tools include:
- Federal PLUS Loan
- Interest Free Monthly Payment Plans Offered through the School
- College Savings Plans
- Home Equity Loans
- Withdrawals from Retirement Plans
- Using Life Insurance
- Paying for College: 5 Top Mistakes (March 2010)
Budgeting for "Other Expenses"
Sometimes families forget about the "other expenses" outside of tuition costs. Here are some helpful links on meeting these costs:
Should Your Student Have A Credit / Debit Card ?
- Make Sure College Students Have Credit Wisdom
Interested In Visiting New Orleans?
Because the best way to experience what makes our community unique is by experiencing it for yourself, Loyola is offering a $1,000 credit toward the cost of tuition for students who plan to enroll for the 2013 fall semester AND who visit campus before May 1, 2013!
Need another incentive to visit New Orleans?
- Come celebrate Mardi Gras with us !
- We celebrate our Irish heritage from March 3- 24, 2013
- We celebrate our Italian heritage with multiple events around March 19, 2013
- The annual Crescent City Classic race will be held on March 30, 2013
- The annual French Quarter Festival will run from April 11-14, 2013
- The annual New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival will run from April 26- May 5, 2013.
Updated February 27, 2013