Financial Aid Options for Veterans and their Dependents
Before you make a final decision about the college you will attend, please be sure to CAREFULLY review the financial aid packages that you receive from each school so that you understand what aid is being offered and what expenses will need to be covered by your family.
- Guide to Financial Aid Award Letters
- How Do I Compare Award Packages?"
- College Cost Comparison Tool from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Know Before You Owe from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- College Affordability and Transparency Center
In This Section:
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a School
- Check and see what benefits may be available to you on the Veterans On-Line Application for Benefits ("VONAPP") website.
- Overview of Available Educational Programs at Loyola University New Orleans
- Programs for Current Members of the Military
- Research "outside scholarship" opportunities
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA"). Staff from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will contact you after you have been accepted for admissions to the university and we have received your processed FAFSA to discuss additional aid options available to you.
Institutional Grants and Scholarships
Renewal Requirements for Louisiana Grant and Scholarship Programs:
Renewal Requirements for Federal Grants. Loans, and Work-Sudy Programs
- Students must annually complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") to apply for all federal student financial aid programs.
- Students must also maintain"satisfactory academic progress" towards completing their degree objectives
Families need to carefully look at the estimated "cost of attendance" for the academic year as they will be responsible for meeting the difference between the cost and all aid received.
Keep in mind that your aid package may not cover all of your costs during the academic year.
- Tuition and Related Charges (undergraduates)- Full time tuition for the 2012-2013 year will be $33,846. Average University fees will be approximately $1,086 PLUS a one time fee of $250 for New Student Orientation
- Cost of Attendance Worksheet
If you choose to utilize any federal loan program, remember you must repay that loan with interest. Remember to include that cost when you are looking at the overall costs of attending Loyola.
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Award Package (Law)
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Award Package (incoming graduate + professional students)
- When Will You Receive A Bill
- Payment Options
- Aid and Your Bill (undergrad)
- Aid and Your Bill (graduate)
NOTE FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY RECIPIENTS: You will receive a paycheck based on the number of hours that you worked during the previous month. Most work study awards assume that students are working approximately 10 hours a week throughout the academic year. Pay is $7.25 /hour. Learn more at Student Employment
Updated September 16, 2012