CBFWS Jobs - YMCA Educational Services
Adult Literacy Classroom Assistant
The Classroom Assistant will work with YES staff, volunteers, and adult learners. The Classroom Assistant will be responsible for supporting teachers and administrative staff before, during, and after class sessions. Duties include:
- tutoring students with special needs/interests
- organizing classroom materials
- making photocopies
- assisting with registration and orientation of incoming adult learners
- general administrative upkeep as needed
PURPOSE OF THE JOB WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
To enhance the effectiveness of our educational staff. Given that our organization serves the lowest functioning readers, our students need close support for everything from filling out forms to applying for jobs to one on one assistance with difficult educational concepts.
Background check AND confidentiality agreement.
- Ability to pass a background test.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong desire to work with adult learners
- Previous volunteer experience
- Previous experience as a tutor
Student will work alongside instructors in the classroom as well as be responsible for periodic and ongoing tasks outside of the classroom.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
The classroom assistant will receive on the job training.
Updated August 19, 2013