CBFWS Jobs - STAIR
Assistant Site Director
- Arrive each day in time to help set up the materials and the layout for the tutoring that day.
- Become familiar enough with the materials and the routine to be able to facilitate the tutoring activities of other volunteers and when needed tutor a child.
- Put away tutoring materials at the end of each tutoring session and rearrange rooms so they can be used for other activities.
- Time permitting the WS student might also do any of the following: assist Development Director with development related events and mailings; assist the Volunteer Director in managing tutor records, maintaining records of all volunteer hours, and distributing volunteer resource and recognition materials; ssist Program Director as needed; ssists Material Coordinator as needed.
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
To improve the reading skills of public school children reading below grade level so that they will be able to successfully continue their education.
The work study student will need to undergo a criminal background check.
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills -- with STAIR staff, with children, with volunteer tutors
- Punctuality for tutoring sessions is a MUST
- Interest in elementary education, particularly reading.
The student would assist at 2 separate STAIR tutoring sites. Each site holds tutoring two afternoons per week, totaling four afternoons a week. Each tutoring site has its own site director. The CBFWS student would therefore work directly under the supervision of two different site directors. The student might also be called upon to work at the office assisting either the Materials Director, Administrative Assistant or the Development Director. Elizabeth Artigues would coordinate these activities with the student and the STAIR staff member and would be responsible for feedback and reviews.
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION PROVIDED
The WS student will need to participate in the same tutor training class that is required of all volunteer tutors and site directors to familiarize him or her with the STAIR curriculum, materials and routine. (S)he will then receive an individual orientation at the STAIR main office at 1535 State Street.
Updated August 19, 2013