CBFWS Jobs - New Orleans Film Society Festival Operations Assistant
Festival Operations Assistant
- Coordinate donations for filmmaker goodie bag
- Assist in negotiating food trade/donations from local restaurants for the Festival and for year-round events
- After the festival, follow up with donors and sponsors with appropriate thanks you letters
- Assist the Festival director in preparing the filmmaker lounge for the Festival and staffing the lounge during the Festival (October 10-17)
- Help promote NOFS screenings and events year round through press releases, fliers, and social media
- Assist Festival Coordinator with administrative duties, such as screening phone calls
- Assist NOFS Program Director with preparing the Call for Entries for the annual Film Festival
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
The purpose of the Teaching Artist Assistant position is to ensure that the teaching artist is as effective as possible at inspiring the children to become creative thinkers.
- Demonstrated interest in film
- Interest in event planning (experience a plus)
- Interest in film festivals (previous attendance at New Orleans Film Festival or other film festival a plus)
- Good people skills and phone skills
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
- New Orleans Film Society general orientation
- Contemporary Arts Center general orientation (since the NOFS office is inside the CAC)
- Training on website control management system
- Training on Withoutabox (online platform for submitting films to festivals)
- Training on FestMaker (web-based database and scheduling platform used for Festival event organizations)
- The Teaching Artist Assistant must also undergo a criminal background check.
Student will work in the same office as Program Director Clint Bowie and Executive Director Jolene Pinder, under their direct supervision.
Updated August 28, 2013