CBFWS Jobs - Neighborhood Housing Services
- We have data that needs to be entered into Salesforce, Access and Xcel databases. The CBFWS student will also adapt queries and generate reports.
- We have documents, reports and training materials that need to be edited for grammar and fromatting.
- This student will also research the process for licensing and publishing our training materials.
- The student will develop a filing system for our training materials as well as other program data.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
The assistant will help the Center for Restorative Approaches carry out its work, which is to provide safe and structured spaces in which people can build community, bridge differences with integrity, repair harms, and have voice in the decisions that affect each others' lives. When a crime or conflict occurs, we bring together everyone who has been impacted to discuss what happened, how people were impacted, and what can be done to repair the harm. We work with and offer training in restorative practices for schools, neighborhoods, government agencies, businesses, faith communities, the juvenile justice system, organizations, families, and the general community.
This student must complete an interview before beginning work.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Access and other programs.
- Must be able to type quickly.
- Must be self-directed and able to keep track of tasks and responsibilities without on-going supervision.
- Must be well-organized and able to keep a calendar of deadlines and responsibilities.
- Must be able to safeguard confidential information and documents.
The supervisor will review assignments with the student during each work shift. Some assignments will be on-going projects and other assignments will have immediate deadlines. The supervisor will give instructions for routine tasks at the beginning of the semester and instructions for fulfilling tasks when they are assigned.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
The student will be trained to use CRA's databases and run queries in those databases. The student will be given an orientation to CRA's current information filing systems.
Updated August 19, 2013