CBFWS Jobs - Green Light New Orleans
Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
The Assistant Volunteer Coordinator will provide assistance to the Volunteer Coordinator, who is in charge of running the free energy efficient light bulb program. Green Light's free energy efficient light bulb program reduces the carbon footprint of the community and saves residents millions of dollars on their utility costs. Duties will include:
- Scheduling light bulb installation appointments with interested residents
- Preparing installation and educational materials for volunteers and residents
- Entering program applicants into Green Light's database
- Installing energy efficient light bulbs in homes around New Orleans
- Training volunteers
- Confirming potential volunteer groups
- Assisting with volunteer recruitment
Students will sign a contract with Green Light detailing the expectations for the position.
- Interest in environmental issues
- Experience with or interest in working with volunteers
- Good verbal communication and public speaking skills
- Access to a car preferred but not required
Students will report to the Volunteer Coordinator. Students will work independently with frequent check-ins. Green Light staff members will be around the office at all times to help students as needed and answer any questions students may have about their work.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
Students will receive orientation and basic training in day to day activities on their first day of work. More in-depth, specific, and specialized training will occur as needed.
Updated August 15, 2013