CBFWS Jobs - Good Shepherd School
- Tutoring individuals/small groups of Kindergarten-5th grade students in math or reading.
- Supervising a Homework Help classroom as part of the Enrichment program.
- Working collaboratively and communicating openly with teachers and students.
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide additional practice in math and literacy to students who are below grade-level in these subject areas.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Before beginning regular and consistent work shifts, the team member must attend a mandatory Safe Environment Training. 3 different options are offered on Loyola's campus:
- Option 1:Fri, Sept. 6, 9-10:30 am (Location TBD)
- Option 2: Mon, Sept. 9, 4-5:30pm • Seminar Rm. 4, Monroe Library
- Option 3: Fri, Sept. 13, 4-5:30pm • Multimedia Rm. 2, Monroe Library
A background check and fingerprinting will also be conducted after regular shifts begin.
- Availability at least 2 days/week between 11 AM and 5 PM Monday-Thursday (with additional hours available on the front end)
- Access to reliable transportation (public transit is available)
- Strong math and literacy skills and a strong ability to communicate them to others
- Comfortable and confident in working with children ages 5-12
- Volunteer/work experience in an elementary school atmosphere or with elementary-age children.
- Desire to work in a faith-based setting with children from low-income, inner-city families and an openness to learning about how poverty, race, and other factors influence children, families and education.
The Enrichment Coordinator (EC) will work with CBFWS students to arrange a work schedule and provide the CBFWS student with GSS tutees who need additional help. Classroom teachers will provide additional guidance unique to each student.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
An on-site orientation will be provided on the first day of work. Training will be provided at the beginning and on an ongoing basis as needed and/or as the position evolves.
Updated August 15, 2013