CBFWS Jobs - Good Shepherd School
Lunch, Recess and Enrichment Assistant
- The CBFWS student will assist school personnel with lunch and recess supervision duties.
- Other responsibilities such as tutoring, homework help, or in-class assistance to teachers may also occur depending on the shifts agreed to.
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide additional support and supervision during lunch/recess periods at GSS in order to provide a positive, structured environment that allows students to thrive and teachers to attain the time they need to prepare for their work successfully.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Before beginning regular and consistent work shifts, the team member must attend a mandatory Safe Environment Training. 3 different options are offered on Loyola's campus:
- Option 1:Fri, Sept. 6, 9-10:30 am (Location TBD)
- Option 2: Mon, Sept. 9, 4-5:30pm • Seminar Rm. 4, Monroe Library
- Option 3: Fri, Sept. 13, 4-5:30pm • Multimedia Rm. 2, Monroe Library
A background check and fingerprinting will also be conducted after regular shifts begin.
- Availability at least 2 days/week between 11 AM and 1 PM (with additional hours available on either end)
- Access to reliable transportation (public transit is available)
- Strong communication skills and ability to project voice in a professional manner in a playground setting
- Comfortable and confident in working with Kindergarten-5th Grade students (ages 5-12)
- Volunteer/work experience in an elementary school atmosphere or with elementary-age children.
- Desire to work in a faith-based setting with children from low-income, inner-city families and an openness to learning about how poverty, race, and other factors influence children, families and education.
The Enrichment Coordinator (EC) will provide training, guidance, and support throughout. Responsibilities will be direct and straightforward for the CBFWS student, but additional support and direction will be available if needed.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
An on-site orientation will be provided on the first day of work. Training will be provided at the beginning and on an ongoing basis as needed and/or as the position evolves.
Updated August 15, 2013