CBFWS Jobs - Good Shepherd School
Enrichment Team Member
- Planning and facilitating (with guidance and support) activities for a group of 15-20 Kindergarten-5th grade students in a positive, faith-filled environment.
- Tutoring individuals/small groups and/or supervising a Homework Help classroom as part of the Enrichment program.
- Working collaboratively and communicating openly with team members to fulfill the mission of the Enrichment program and of the school.
- Assisting Enrichment Coordinator and other team members with various tasks as needs arise (such as inventory, researching supplies, or recruiting volunteers).
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide an additional team member to the Enrichment Team that seeks to provide an array of activities to build up students' physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual, and intellectual health and well-being.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Before beginning regular and consistent work shifts, the team member must attend a mandatory Safe Environment Training. 3 different options are offered on Loyola's campus:
- Option 1: Fri, Sept. 6, 9-10:30am (Location TBD)
- Option 2: Mon, Sept. 9, 4-5:30pm • Seminar Rm. 4, Monroe Library
- Option 3: Fri, Sept. 13, 4-5:30pm • Multimedia Rm. 2, Monroe Library
Also required are fingerprints and passing state and federal background checks.
- Availability at least 2 days/week between 3-5 PM Monday-Thursday (with extra hours available on the front end)
- Comfortable and confident working with children between ages 5 and 12.
- Strong oral and electronic communication skills.
- Access to transportation (public transit is available).
- Volunteer/work experience in an elementary school atmosphere or with elementary-age children.
- Desire to work in a faith-based setting with children from low-income, inner-city families and an openness to learning about how poverty, race, and other factors influence children, families, and education.
- Occasional availability on Saturdays or evenings for special events throughout the year.
The Enrichment Coordinator (EC) will work with team members to create a schedule of organized activities to be facilitated by the team. Team members will also have high school, college and parent volunteers join them in their efforts which will be overseen and supported by the EC.]
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION PROVIDED
An on-site orientation will occur on the first day of work, and training and support will be provided on an ongoing basis. The position will evolve as the team member's experience and confidence in the position grows.
Updated August 26, 2013