CBFWS Jobs - Elevate
Community Academic & Research Tutors will support Elevate students in all areas of coursework with an emphasis on developing information literacy skills. Tutors will also be responsible for conducting workshops. Topics may include applying to college, researching at the college level, and adapting to college life.
- Tutor Elevate students in one or more academic subject as needed
- Encourage and support students to achieve their self-identified goals
- Prepare and present workshops or lessons as assigned
- Participate in lesson and teaching development
- Communicate progress with supervisors
- Be enrolled at Loyola University New Orleans
- Be eligible for the federal work study program
- Have a minimum Loyola GPA of 3.0
- Be comfortable tutoring students in multiple academic areas
- Display a willingness to assist in the college admissions process
- Have an interest and/or experience in working with adolescents
- Be dependable and prompt
- Be optimistic, patient, and adaptive
Tutors will be responsible to attend orientation/development meetings and a weekly planning meeting. Tutoring occurs Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5 PM until 8:30 PM as arranged.
The Academic Coordinator supervises tutors. The Executive Director of Elevate and other librarians may also provide further assignments and supervision, including the signing of timesheets.
Updated August 19, 2013