CBFWS Jobs - Center for Ethical Living and Social Justice Renewal
- Assisting with social media communications
- Working on preparing for fundraiser events
- Contributing to the development of a local volunteer corp
- Supporting the implementation of new curriculum and trainings
- Assisting with the production of the quarterly e-newletter
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
The sustainability assistant(s) would facilitate communications, development, and daily life at the Center for Ethical Living, which is is a catalyst in the New Orleans area for promoting social, economic, environmental and racial justice through activism, community engagement and transformational learning.
- Skillful with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Willing to be a contributing member of a team
- Familiar with the mission of the Center for Ethical Living and Social Justice Renewal (www.celsjr.org)
- Willing to attend an Undoing Racism training with the People's Institute for Survival and Beyond (www.pisab.org), for which the Center would pay.
- Skillful with infographics, HTML, web-conversant
- Interest in anti-oppression and social change work
Student will work directly with the Development Coordinator, with weekly check-in opportunities with the Executive Director. Student should be willing and able to be self directed once a project has been assigned.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
Student(s) would be expected to attend an Undoing Racism workshop with the People's Institute for Survival and Beyond sometime during the school year.
Student(s) will be welcomed and oriented to the office of the Center for Ethical Living and Social Justice Renewal by the Executive Director and the Development Coordinator.
Updated August 19, 2013