CBFWS Jobs - Catholic Charities Louise Head Start Center
- Assist Head Start teacher by helping implement Head Start curriculum in the classroom.
- Guide and facilitate educational and recreational activities, including daily activities, field trips, selecting and arranging equipment and materials in the classroom, with a class of 10-20 preschool children.
- Cooperate with staff to maintain the smooth functioning of the Center and each classroom.
- Report to work at scheduled time, maintain good attendance, and perform all duties in a safe, timely and professional manner.
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
To help prepare preschool children for kindergarten. Head Start emphasizes the development of the whole child, which includes working with the entire family.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Before beginning regular and consistent work shifts, the team member must attend a mandatory Safe Environment Training, which will be offered twice on Loyola's campus
- Option 1: Mon, Sept. 9, 4-5:30pm • Seminar Rm. 4, Monroe Library
- Option 2: Fri, Sept. 13, 4-5:30pm • Multimedia Rm. 2, Monroe Library
Also required are fingerprints and passing state and federal background checks.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to people of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds
- Strong work ethic and commitment
- Prior experience working with children a plus, but not a requirement
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be able to physically move through the center and classrooms.
- Must be able to list 55 pounds.
- Appropriate dress: no tank tops, sports shorts, short shorts, flip flops or open toed shoes.
An on-site orientation will occur on the first day of work, and training and support will be provided on an on-going and as-needed basis. The position will evolve as the team member's experience and confidence in the position grows. The Enrichment Coordinator will provide training, guidance, and support throughout the experience. Responsibilities will be direct and straightforward for the CBFWS student, but additional support and direction will be provided if needed.
Updated August 19, 2013