CBFWS Jobs - Broadmoor Education Corridor
Community Center Assistant
- The primary job of the Keller Community Center is to staff the front desk insuring that everyone who visits is welcomed and informed of the programs and activities that the center offers.
- Assisting with room set-up and technology for programs, events, meetings, and performances. These include movie nights, family game nights, art shows, etc.
- Tutoring with the English as a Second Language program. (Spanish language skills not required; training provided).
- Assisting with children's programs when needed.
- Helping to plan and implement special community center events.
- Maintain good condition of community center space between scheduled events and meetings.
- Provide Program Coordinator with assistance in program development.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
Our goal at the center is to provide everyone who visits with a welcoming environment and a positive experience. This work study student will allow us to better meet that goal as well as provide the student with an opportunity to participate in and learn about community-building
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with diverse groups and individuals
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Tutoring experience
- Previous experience working with children
- Outgoing, friendly personality
Supervision will be conducted weekly. It will consist of a review of the prior week and an overview of assignments for the following week. ESL tutors will receive additional supervision from the ESL coordinator.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
Training and orientation will cover: the history, mission and goals of the Broadmoor Education Corridor and the Keller Community Center; introduction to all staff and volunteers; familiarization with the center's programs and the building itself; policies and procedures; and an overview of the specific tasks the student will undertake. If the student will be working with the ESL program, an orientation and training will be provided by the ESL instructor prior to beginning that program.
Updated August 19, 2013