CBFWS Jobs - Audubon Nature Institute
Youth Programs Assistant
- Provide support to the Youth Volunteer Coordinator in the implementation of the ECCO Youth Development Program. Perform tasks including: data entry using the volunteer management database (Volgistics); filing; research.
- Prepare the training classroom each week
- Provide support for youth special events -- social gatherings, fundraisers, continuing education, etc.
- Assist with presentations to small groups of youth volunteers regarding leadership skills, conservation, animals, etc.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
This position will ensure that the youths volutneering at Audubon Zoo have a meaningful and rewarding experience. By fostering an interest in conseravation in the next generation, we provide hope for the future of wildlife and wild spaces.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
New workers receive an orientation with their supervisor. Training is ongoing.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (oral and written), follow oral and written instructions.
- Willing and able to speak to small groups in a professional manner.
- Willing and able to work independently with proper instruction.
- Able to work professionally with groups of high school teenagers.
- Interest in conservation
- Previous experience working with teens
- Good organizational skills
Students will be asked to perform both independent and cooperative tasks. Independent work will have thorough instructions. Supervisor is always available for advice and guidance.
Updated August 28, 2013