CBFWS Jobs - Audubon Nature Institute
- Provide support to the Adult Volunteer Coordinator in the implementation of the Edutainer Volunteer Training Program. Tasks will include: data entry using the volunteer management database (Volgistics); filing; research.
- Prepare the training classroom each week
- Provide support for special events such Coffee with Keepers, volunteer appreciation events and the volunteer training program graduation.
- Provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers, maintaining professional working relations with zoo guests, employees, volunteers, interns and fellow student workers.
- Speak to small groups of zoo volunteers and guests about animals and exhibits; providing volunteers with a positive example of how to properly interact with guests.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
Volunteers are critical to the success of Audubon Zoo in fulfilling our mission. Our corps of 200+ active volunteers makes a difference by educating our diverse community and enhancing the care of wildlife every day. The Volunteer Department assistant will help with the training program for our new volunteers. This assistant will also learn about how to manage a large corps of workers.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
New workers receive an orientation with their supervisor. Training is ongoing.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (oral and written), follow oral and written instructions.
- Willing and able to speak to small groups in a professional manner.
- Willing and able to work independently with proper instruction.
- Warm and welcoming to all Zoo volunteers and guests; possess good customer service skills; have a friendly personality and enjoy talking to a wide range of ages/interests.
- Physically able to perform tasks involving manual labor, including lifting heavy loads up to 50 pounds.
- Interest in conservation and wildlife
- Computer savvy - proficient at internet research, using microsoft office, etc.
- Self-starter who keeps busy and productive
Students will be asked to perform both independent and cooperative tasks. Independent work will have thorough instructions. Supervisor is always available for advice and guidance.
Updated August 28, 2013