CBFWS Jobs - Abeona House Child Discovery Center
The CBWFS will support the program's nutritious and flavorful farm-to-table food program by:
- assisting the chef with food preparation, inventory, and menu development
- researching and developiong recipes
- assisting with documentation of the USDA food program
- helping cultivate relationships with local farmers
- developing lessons for the program
- researching plants and crops for garden
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
Abeona House has a model food program that is healthy, nutritious, local (when possible), and delicious. This person will work alongside our chef, preparing meals and snacks, and developing items that can be used in our program.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Background check and confidentiality agreement will be completed onsite.
- Experience and love of cooking
- Interest in nutrition
- Interest in gardening and/or farming
- Good rapport with young children
The CBFWS student will receive a list of assignments for each work shift, and will receive regular feedback from the supervisor and chef.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
This student will receive a tour and orientation of the program, as well as the kitchen work.
Updated August 19, 2013