CBFWS Jobs - Abeona House Child Discovery Center
Gardening and Arts Assistant
There are a variety of possibilities with this role, depending on the interests and skill set of the student:
- Guide and implement a wide variety of art experiences with infants-4 year-olds
- Guide and implement yoga experiences with infants-4 year olds
- Guide and implement music and movement experiences with infants-4 year olds
- Guide and implement gardening experiences with 1-4 year olds
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
Abeona House is a Reggio Emilia-inspired program that believes in the capacity of young children. These positions will allow us to delve more deeply into these interest areas. Work study students will work alongside another teacher, but will enhance the classroom experiences with their expertise and passion for the specific topic areas identified.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
We will complete a background check and confidentiality agreement on site.
- Availability during prime activity times: M-F, 9-11:30, 3-5:30
- Access to transportation to Mid-City
- Skills and interest in the area preferred by the student
- Experience with young children
- Patience and love
- Positive attitude
- Sense of humor
- Landscaping and farming experience are desirable with the gardening role
- Ability to play an instrument with the music role
The student will be provided a list of assignments for each work shift, and work under the guidance of a teacher.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
Work study students will spend some time getting a feel for the classrooms and the ways the teachers interact with the children. The students will be assigned to a specific classroom and work with the lead teacher in that room. They will meet and plan activities together, and implement them on the schedule that works for all. The teacher and supervisor will give regular feedback.
Updated August 19, 2013