CBFWS Jobs - Abeona House Child Discovery Center
Marketing and Social Media Assistant
The student will help promote the non-profit organization and make children's learning visible through:
- photo and video documentation
- maintaining database of contacts
- compilation of artifacts to create marketing materials, like brochures and booklets
- update Wordpress website, if able
- postings on the public Facebook page
PURPOSE OF JOB WITHIN ORGANIZATION
Abeona House is a program inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to education in which teachers work to make children's learning more visible through documentation. This role will involve developing materials that show this, and help promote the non-profit through several campaigns and mailings over the year.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Background check and confidentiality agreement
- Availability during business hours (M-F, 7:30-5:30)
- Access to transportation
- Experience and comfort with technology (website, social media, publishing programs)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Comfort with photography and video a plus
The supervisor will provide the student with a list of assignments giving general instructions for ongoing tasks, and giving regular feedback on task completion.
TRAINING & ORIENTATION PROVIDED
All volunteers undergo an orientation and will be given a tour. Students will be given direct oversight on the completion of technology tasks. In developing brochures and other materials, students will be given general direction and will receive regular feedback.
Updated August 19, 2013