The topics of the Journal of Civil Discourse are selected by the Loyola Society of Civic Engagement and are controversial and important to the Loyola and surrounding community. Topics are previously debated by speakers and student respondents at LSCE events and all speakers are invited to submit an article to the Journal based on their position at the event. The speakers and student respondents are chosen by the LSCE based on their academic qualifications to represent opposite sides of the spectrum.
- School Vouchers March 17, 2005
- Patriot Act October 27, 2004
- Same-Sex Marriages March 18, 2004
- Death Penalty November 17, 2003
- Peace in the Arab-Israeli Conflict: Prospects and Possibilities October 23, 2003