Calling all Loyola Photographers for the Seventh Loyola International Photo Contest! Sponsored by STA Travel
Did you take that perfect photo abroad? Submit it to win a $150 STA Travel voucher for travel anywhere in the world. Finalists will have their work shown for a week in the Danna Center April 11-15. Winners will be announced at the International Scholarship Event on April 14.
Loyola students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
: Select your best photos that fit into one of the following categories. All photos must be taken outside of your home country. International students at Loyola can submit pictures of the US.
- - Photos that tell the audience about a host culture abroad. Photos can include portraits of residents, local cuisine, local activities, traditions and rituals, from daily life to holidays, festivals, special occasions, and more.
- Photos of Loyola students representing the Wolf Pack abroad (including international students in New Orleans). Photos can include students taking part in international internships, service projects or research, engaging with local residents, eating local food, taking in local scenery and spectacles, or participating in cultural events, activities, and more. Extra points if students are sporting a Loyola t-shirt, or other Loyola apparel.
- Photos of landmarks, landscapes or nature that capture the unique environment of a foreign country.
NOTE: Only moderate alterations in Photoshop are allowed.
First round finalist photos will be projected in the One Loyola Room April 11-15. Second round finalists will have prints of their work displayed at the International Scholarship Event on Thursday, April 14. Second round finalists will receive a copy of their print.
Four winners will be selected. Winners will be notified via email, announced on social media, and receive the following prizes:
- Fan Favorite: $150 STA Travel voucher for the photo with the most likes and shares on the Loyola Study Abroad Facebook and Instagram combined.
- Fan Favorite, Runner-up: The photo with the second most likes and shares on the Loyola Study Abroad Facebook and Instagram combined. Prize is still being determined, stay posted for updates!
- First Prize Juried selection: $150 STA Travel voucher
- Runner-Up Juried selection:
Photos will be judged by a committee of professional and amateur photographers. The best photos will be selected for display.
- Photo submission deadline: midnight on Wednesday, March 16
- Participants selected as first and second round finalists will be notified via email.
- CIE will post finalist photos to Loyola’s Study Abroad Facebook and Instagram
For the Fan Favorite prizes, the photos with the most cumulative “Likes” and “Shares” on the Loyola Study Abroad Facebook page and Instagram page will win.
Remember to share the link to your photos on Loyola’s Facebook and Instagram pages so that your friends and family can rack up votes for your chance to win!
Prints for top winners and second round finalists will be displayed at Loyola Scholarship Fundraiser Event. Bring your friends and family to see your work!
- Up to 5 images can be submitted in each category
- File format: Photo files must be JPEG, TIFF, or PNG, at least 300 dpi resolution (most smart phone cameras meet this)
- Photo files must be titled with the photographer's first and last initials, photo title, and submission number. Example for "Jane Doe""
- Required Information should be put into the body of the email:
- Full Name
- Connection to Loyola (student, staff, faculty, alumni)
- Graduation year for students and alumn
- Are you on Instagram? If so, what is your handle?
- Photo title and number
- Photo category (Culture and Identity, Wolf Pack Pride, or Landscapes and Landmarks)
- Photo description (1-3 sentences about the photo, including where and when it was taken)
- Participants must be Loyola students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
- Photos must have been taken within the past 3 years and be your original work.
- Participant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all photos submitted.
- Loyola University New Orleans does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images
The Center for International Education reserves the following rights:
- the right to edit any descriptions for length and/or suitability
- the right to reprint and display submitted photographs
- the right to use any of the submitted photographs for University publications, print or web, acknowledging the owner but not financially compensating the owner for their use
For more information, contact email@example.com or call (504)864-7550