Sixth Juried Loyola International Photo Contest
Calling all Loyola Photographers for the Sixth Juried Loyola International Photo Contest
NOTE: Deadline extended until Wednesday, February 29!
Did you take that perfect photo when you were traveling, studying or working in another country; a photo that captures the essence of another culture, country or people? If so, now is your chance to show it. Winning entries in the International Photo Contest will be exhibited electronically in Loyola One in the Danna Center during International Week of March 5-10. An opening reception will be held in the Living Room in the Monroe Library on Monday, March 5, 2012 from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Participants: This contest is open to all members of the Loyola community - students, staff, faculty, and alumni. International students and study abroad returnees are encouraged to apply.
- Categories: This year’s competition will include two different categories.
- Category 1
- Photos can be taken in any country other than your home country
- Photos should tell your audience something about the country.
- Category 2
- Photos of Loyola student(s) abroad taken by Loyola students, staff or faculty that show some aspect of the country or culture.
- Category 1
- Due Date: All entries must be submitted electronically by midnight on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 to email@example.com as per the following guidelines.
- Submission Guidelines: submission must be electronic and must be submitted according to the following guidelines.
- Up to 5 images can be submitted in each category.
- Initial submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- File format: Email five images in jpg, tiff or psd format at 72 dpi (8"x10"/ 1.5 Mb or so) to email@example.com.
- Photo naming convention: Please name each image with First and Last Initials, title, and number of the submission e.g. for participant "Jane Doe": JD_title1, JD_title2, etc.
- Information relating to the photo: In the body of the email please include your complete contact information (name, address, phone number and email), along with a numbered list of the submitted images with the following information for each:
- The title of photo
- Where the photo was taken
- The date the photo was taken
- A brief commentary on the photo and its significance
- Juried: Photos will be judged by a committee of professional and amateur photographers. The best photos will be selected for display.
- Notification: Artists will be notified by March 1 of their selection.
The Center for International Education reserves the following rights:
- the right to edit any comments for length and/or suitability
- the right to reprint and display submitted photographs
- the right to use any of the submitted photographs for University publications, print or web, acknowledging the owner but not financially compensating the owner for their use
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-7550.
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/182590485178326/
The photo contest is part of International Week 2012 being held from March 5-9 at Loyola.