Office of Disability Services

The Director and Special Needs Counselor assist students in meeting the demands of university life by coordinating campus services for students with disabilities and offering academic support services.  For additional information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions.

These services include but are not limited to the following:

  • Verification of a documented disability for undergraduate students and graduate students.
  • Academic counseling for undergraduate students with disabilities
  • Advocacy services for undergraduate and graduate students
  • Implementation of testing accommodations for undergraduate and graduate students
  • Note-taking and transcription services for undergraduate and graduate students
  • Peer tutoring services for undergraduate students
  • Priority Registration Rights for undergraduate students (In addition to registering with Disability Services, students must sign up for this accommodation)
  • Assistive technology for undergraduate and graduate students
  • Assistance in obtaining other services
  • Course substitution for math and foreign language requirements for undergraduate students
  • Request for Housing Accommodation form. For more information regarding housing accommodations, please go here or call 865-2990.