Welcome to the Academic Resource Center
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is committed to providing a comprehensive academic support system for a diverse student body in all four undergraduate colleges.
- Academic counseling. Academic counselors meet with students regarding individual academic needs. Counseling may include helping them with time management and other study skills, working with them regarding selection of majors, assisting them with scheduling issues, and helping them navigate the university system.
- Tutorial services. Academic counselors assign students to peer tutors and provide individual guidance to the tutors to ensure that the specific needs of the tutees are met. The ARC offers peer tutoring for major courses in all four colleges.
- Bridge Program. The Bridge Program is a comprehensive 5-week summer session for entering freshmen and transfer students. Students take two 3-credit hour Common Curriculum classes taught by select faculty members. Students also take a 1-credit hour Protocols of Learning class and receive individualized attention through regular meetings with Academic Counselors.
- Fall/Spring Enrichment programs for new students. Conditionally admitted students meet weekly with academic counselors for study skills instruction and for help in navigating the university system. Students may also meet with peer tutors to reinforce their new skills
and help with course assignments.
- Protocols of Learning (SPST A105) is a 1 credit hour course designed to introduce students to university level study strategies and help them navigate the university system. The ARC also provides study skills workshops and individual instruction in study skills.
- Disability Services. The ARC provides comprehensive disability services for all undergraduate students with special needs. The A.R.C. also provides accommodations for law students and other graduate students.
- Testing Services. The ARC provides space and limited proctoring services for administration of make-up exams. Please read our guidelines for scheduling make-up exams in the ARC (note: make-ups are not given during the final exam period).
- Writing Consultant. The ARC writing consultant provides paper review services for students with disabilities and graduate students in nursing.