Join more than 1,000+ graduate students who are seeking more and living deeper while continuing their education through our prominent graduate programs.
Still deciding? Request information to explore program options and find what's right for you.
Graduate Application Process
Applying to one of our graduate programs is simple. To get started, follow these three easy steps:
- Explore our graduate programs.
- Review the application requirements and admissions criteria. To see specific program requirements and deadlines, please check with the appropriate department or program.
- Submit your application. Make sure you complete the appropriate application. You should complete and submit the application even if you do not have any other supporting materials.
To apply to:
- an online graduate program (includes School of Nursing): Online Admissions Application
- the JD or LL.M programs: COL Admissions Requirements and Application Process
- an in-person graduate program (includes COL master degrees, Post-bac and LIM certificates): Graduate Admissions Application
In addition to submitting your application:
- make sure all official transcripts have been submitted - if you attended more than one institution, be sure to request transcripts from each school.
- take the GRE or GMAT (if required) and send in all scores.
- request your letters of recommendations.
- upload your resume and personal statement.
- if you are applying to the School of Music, review the College of Music & Media audition requirements.
- dual degree seeking applicants are required to submit separate applications for each degree.
International Applicants: All transcripts that are not in English must be evaluated. SPANTRAN is a recommended service. An official course-by-course evaluation must be included. Additionally, international students may be required to submit TOEFL scores as well as an Affidavit of Support before enrolling.
You can check your application status anytime. Keep in touch with the graduate admissions office and let us know about changes in your academic profile. Once your file is complete, it is forwarded to your program for review. Once a decision is rendered by the department, admission decisions are released electronically.
Does your field demand continuing education? Are you looking for a program to boost your professional credentials? Loyola offers both credit and non-credit certificate programs to get you there. Explore and apply to certificate programs that will help take you to the next step in your career.
Are You a LOYNO Alum or Graduating Senior?
Whether you're about to finish your undergrad expereince or have recently graduated, there is always a place for you at Loyola New Orleans. The Auto-Admit program offers automatic [expedited] admissions to top-performing Loyola New Orleans graduating seniors and alumni (within the past 5 years) into select master's programs. Additionally, students are eligible for significant merit discounts determined by their undergraduate GPA. Read on to learn more about our participating degree programs and auto-admit requirements.